Another BB question

munsterman25

Can I leave my router plugged in the whole time and never turn it off?

Does that mean im online the whole time? For the first two days of this month it says ive been onlin for over 25 hours when in fact I was on for about 4. Assume this is cos its 'always on'. If I turn off the router would I then cease to be online?

Obviusoly being online doesnt mean its downloading and affecting my downlaod limit?

Obviusoly being online doesnt mean its downloading and affecting my downlaod limit?
Depends. If there are any PCs left switched on then they could be running software that continues to access the net thus impacting your upload/download quota. Unless you really need to leave the stuff on I would recommend that you switch it off while unused if only for security (e.g. limiting the time available to crackers or malware to probe/attack your system).

Like bazermc I tend to unplug my DSL modem/router when not in use for security, electrical safety and energy efficiency reasons. Better safe than sorry even if the risks and cost savings may be minor. Switching off and unplugging is just something that I learned from my parents! :eek:

Back