'Anonymous' on Network 2

lou2

Just watched Anonymous on Network 2 where Brendan O'Carroll was 'anonymised'. He was playing a waiter while his manager and his daughter were (separately) in a pub and he was serving them. The problem is that it was perfectly obvious to anyone with even half a brain cell that both parties were perfectly aware that it was Brendan O'Carroll who was serving them yet they had to pretend otherwise. I can't believe that I am paying my licence fee for this muck.

I always wondered how people never saw the fact that the person in disguise was wearing a terrible looking mask.

It was very obvious in every episode I ever watched.

Its very obvious because we know who it is and we know they are disguised. If you were unaware of these facts you wouldnt think straight away that you were being set up. Some of the disguises are pretty good, but Brendan last night (it was a repeat of a repeat) stood out just a little.

I seriously doubt there was any pretending going on by his daughter and his manager.

Location was the cafe in the Powerscourt Town Centre in Dublin

It has to be said that particularly outside Dublin, there are plenty of people who wouldn't know Brendan O'Carroll if he stood up in their soup.

I mean, I know what he looks like but I'd pass him no problem.

I'm allergic to anything with Brendan O'Carroll in it for the same reason.

Agreed, if I saw him in public I'd pretend not to recognise him too, so I wouldn't be too harsh on the daughter!

But c'mon, with the dodgy tache, squashed face, short stature and shifty gait he could be any one of 1000s of dodgy dub 'heads'

it has to be said that particularly outside dublin, there are plenty of people who wouldn't know brendan o'carroll if he stood up in their soup.

This gave me a great laugh! The thought of that, yeuch!