Annual Travel Insurance

divadsnilloc

I am considering taking out an annual travel policy which provides cover for up to 45 days. However, my planned absence will be closer to 60 days and the company want an additional €100 to cover the extra 15 days. I was thinking about taking a seperate policy with another company to cover the extra 15 days for a substantially less premium.

I will be staying in the same location for the 60 days and I am wondering if there would be any conflict of interest by having the trip covered by two different policies, albeit for 2 different blocks of absence i.e. 45 days with one company and 15 with another?

I asked more or less the same question a couple of years ago. In my case the VHI covered up to 60 days (per holiday, they now cover longer at extra cost) and the holiday was just a few days longer. The answer I got was that you would not be covered unless you started and finished you holiday under the one policy.

most travel insurance policies will cover the entire journey or none of it at all, I'm afraid.

Back