Anglo Irish redudancy, statutory plus 4 weeks

Because it's a voluntary redundancy package and they have to make it somewhat attractive in order that people will apply.
A very poor package when compared to the most recent Ulster Bank package but then again Anglo are'nt unionised !

Why, who is paying the extra - the state?!

Well who do you think is going to pay it, it's not like Anglo can afford it? And by the way they were not happy with four weeks and pushed for a lot more !

Haven't heard the news - statutory plus four weeks to me implies that the employer is paying the extra. Granted the employer is in no fit state to do much but I thought there may have been some unusual conditions/provisions or whatever.

I'm not surprised though.

The package was well oversubscribed. Its possible they would have got the program fully subscribed at just the statutory rate plus no extra.

So we foot the bill.

How Anglo was not let go to the wall is shocking. The other two banks we will in the long term get our money back but Anglo is a black black hole.

Because it's a voluntary redundancy package and they have to make it somewhat attractive in order that people will apply.
A very poor package when compared to the most recent Ulster Bank package but then again Anglo are'nt unionised !

Why can Anglo pay extra money it doesn't have? It doesn't have to be a voluntary redundancy package. If I run a company that goes bust my employees will only get statutory redundancy the state won't be coming to pay my employees extra redundancy.