Andrea Antonopulos in Dublin on May 23rd

I got a mail alerting me to this. Can't access it right now but I believe he is also speaking in Limerick.

The guy speaks a lot of sense. I'd definitely attend were it not for the fact I'm out of the country.

Last edited:
I was thinking to post this as soon as the tickets went on sale.

Andreas is an excellent speaker, a joy to listen to.
Plus we will get to ask him questions.

If you guys are interested we can brainstorm / vote on questions.
If they don't make to it the event, I can post them on his Patreon Q&A. If they get voted on, they will be answered and made public on youtube in time.

While he wont answer price-prediction questions, be it zero on millions, we can see what he will answer to 'What gives Bitcoin value' or something better formatted like that.
He can also answer technical questions.

'What gives Bitcoin value'

That is a pretty fundamental one.

Here are some more, although I would imagine that they have been answered here, so I am not sure why this guy is special.

"Why did it go from $1,000 to $20,000 in about a year? "

"Is there any reason for Bitcoin to be the "best" crypto? Are other ones not free of Bitcoin's technical limitations? "

"An bhfuil aon AirgeadCoin agat?" or "What do you make of cryptos backed by dollars, gold or other precious metals?"

"Is any service based on blockchain generating a profit?"

He is a gifted speaker, people like listening to him and he is well informed about the space and technology in general.

He is no special authority or something but i believe he is a better source of information than those click-bait-titling and skewed-statistics journalists he post around here.

The talk will surely go on youtube for all to hear if interested, though he will want to get it sound and video edited first. Improve the quality.

Looks like he's already had that removed for copyright infringement...
I guess you're right. There's another one on youtube - but I won't link to it. It's not on his official youtube channel so I guess it must not be authorised either.

An entertaining performance but not on that would inspire confidence in the price. AA is a true cultist, he worships Bitcoin for those five virtues which I forget or rather which I think look a lot like 2 maybe 3 rounded out to be 5.
Maybe there will ways be a residual cult which will give Bitcoin an exchange value, almost through wishful thinking.

An entertaining performance but not on that would inspire confidence in the price
You can decouple the speculation activity from the technology itself. They are not the same thing.

AA is a true cultist, he worships Bitcoin for those five virtues
A cultist? Seriously? The guy is very credible. A proponent of cryptocurrency, yes....but to call him a cultist really reflects on the extremities of your own views - not his.

Maybe there will ways be a residual cult which will give Bitcoin an exchange value, almost through wishful thinking.
Again, the coloured language is a reflection of your own extreme thinking. However, yes people affix values to all manner of things including FIAT currencies and cryptocurrency. There has been and will continue to be a continuous parade of failing FIAT currencies. Perhaps bitcoin will fail, perhaps it won't. However, crypto is here to stay - the fact that it sticks in your craw for whatever reason isn't going to change that.

It's worth nothing, zero, zilch, nada
If it was worth something it would truly be a revolution to undermine all fiat.
AA worships the five (?) attributes but he ignores the key missing attribute, it has no value

Last edited:
he ignores the key missing attribute, it has no value

I don't think that is true.

He doesn't ignore it. He genuinely doesn't seem to care about it.

I'd go further and I think he would prefer it were worth just a few dollars so that the benefits of the blockchain could become more widely discussed and not be distracted by the speculators.

Brendan

Back