An Post

The_Banker

I buy and sell a lot of stuff on EBAY and therefore I have reason to send and receive post in ordinary envelopes as what I deal in is card based.
Therefore the items in the envelope resemble greeting cards and the success rate with sending and receiving mail for me is only 90%.
I have reason to believe that post resembling birthday cards has a high risk of being tampered with in the hope that there may be money inside.
To counter act this I have started sending my EBAY post from the company I work and the success rate for delivery has risen to 100% as the envelope resembles a business letter. However, the success rate for delivery of what I buy is still only 90% and I now have had to start paying for stuff I purchase as recorded delivery which has lowered my margins.
There was a local radio program (96fm) here in Cork recently where listeners complained about birthday cards not getting to nephews/nieces etc...
I have rang the customer complaints section and there only answer is to send my post by recorded post which I find unacceptable. For what we pay in this country for our postal services the service is extremely poor. And now An Post are looking to raise the price of stamps.
Only in Ireland.

It's a bit like leaving valuable items in your check-in baggage, the small number of dishonest people out there seem able to sniff out opportunity. There is no doubt that the best way to lose a letter is to make it look like a birthday card to a niece or nephew.

Best thing for you, I would say, is to get envelopes custom printed to look like junk mail -- that never seems to fail to be delivered to my house anyway!

agree 100% with auto. when was the last time you didn't get your esb.eircom,or waste charges bills? unfortunately it takes only 1 bad apple to taint the whole barrel.