An Post Problem

Rifaat Kamel

15 days back, I tracked a parcel in An Post and i got the message "We are processing your item ... PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS "
But since 5 days I am always receiving the message "The system cannot recognize this number"
Any clarification?

You can contact An Post Customer Service here, I've no idea how responsive they might be though. Valid tracking numbers are supposed to still be traceable for 16 weeks from date of dispatch.

Perhaps time to contact the parcel sender, they may be able to request status or figure out if the parcel has been returned due to address issues, etc..

15 days back, I tracked a parcel in An Post and i got the message "We are processing your item ... PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE CO LAOIS "
But since 5 days I am always receiving the message "The system cannot recognize this number"
Any clarification?
Had this issue in March, took about two months to retrieve the parcel along with several calls/emails regarding same

I had similar. Very important document sent from abroad. Nightmare getting it sorted. Complained spoke to managers..... Eventually too late for me they found it had fallen down behind a radiator in store room......

Me too!

My package dispatched from the UK on 24 October arrived yesterday after telephone calls, emails and a nonsensical rigmarole from the postman.

Sitting in my house I heard the post coming through the letterbox. Collected it to see a notice read "failed delivery" of parcel. Yet nobody had rung my doorbell. I was asked to collect the parcel after 4 pm from my local sorting office.
I called down and collected parcel that was about the size and weight of a bag of sugar. I realised then that it was easier for the postman to deliver the lighter notice of failed delivery than the parcel.
I ended up doing his job for him and also had to wait until 4 p.m. to collect a parcel that had never left the sorting office. This happened in the past 10 days.

Back