An Post - Parcel Post. Anyone out there having delays with parcels this Christmas?

Megan

Anyone out there having delays with parcels this Christmas. I bought an item on ebay and it was posted to me from the uk on the 8th December as a small parcel and as of today not a sign of it. Any else with this problem

Re: An Post - Parcel Post

Yes, had a parcel posted in UK on 6th December - just arrived this morning.

Re: An Post - Parcel Post Anyone out there having delays with parcels this Christmas?

Thanks delgirl - there may be hope of it arriving yet.
megan

Re: An Post - Parcel Post Anyone out there having delays with parcels this Christmas?

Am glad I seen this, I was about to mail a UK ebayer about same problem saying wheres me goods? Funnily enough, item posted on the 8th as well. Still no sign of it.

And me-ebay item posted around the 10th from London-still no show

when the parcels arrive, check the date of posting and complain to An Post about the delays. I would hazzard a guess that you are not all from the one area of the country so finding the common link should be easy enough. Either customs are delaying parcels ( unlikely) the local sorting offices are delaying parcels ( unlikely) or they are not yet in the country. all british parcels ( not packets) have a barcode which can be traced. my dad was a postie and I know from him that they would never deliberately delay parcels or letters etc .

Awaiting 3 parcels from the UK - posted on the 10th - still no sign. So I am glad to see I'm not the only one!

Received a letter today from the uk and the post mark is the 13th December. It was sent airmail so if it takes 8 days for a letter I wouldn't like to think how long it may take a parcel.

Am glad I seen this, I was about to mail a UK ebayer about same problem saying wheres me goods? Funnily enough, item posted on the 8th as well. Still no sign of it.

I would still email your ebayer as I have and have being refunded my money. If the parcel does arrive I will get in touch with my ebayer and pay him for the item.

Yeah me too , parcel posted on 10th from Sussex...no sign of it yet. Funny enough received two parcels yesterday posted around the same time, one from Kentucky , one from Maine. Must be a problem with the Brits.

Just received my parcel. Posted on 8/12/06 by Airmal. 13 days to arrive. It has two stickers on it saying 'Officially Sealed by An Post'. Does this mean that An Post opening the parcel. Nothing missing from it.

Re: An Post - Parcel Post. Anyone out there having delays with parcels this Christmas

Just received my parcel. Posted on 8/12/06 by Airmal. 13 days to arrive. It has two stickers on it saying 'Officially Sealed by An Post'. Does this mean that An Post opening the parcel. Nothing missing from it.

Your parcel was probably picked for a random security check by Customs - even though it is coming from the UK . Having a lot of experience of the leisurely way Customs operate - I reckon you did very well getting it before christmas!

I ordered an item on e-bay and it was despatched from the UK on December 12. I received the package on December 18.

Re: An Post - Parcel Post. Anyone out there having delays with parcels this Christmas

I am waiting for a parcel, it was sent on the 1st of Dec from the states, its looking increasingly unlikely that its going to arrive before the 25th.

Megan; I agree with edo. probably opened by customs even though under eu rules I don't think they are supposed to.

Megan; I agree with edo. probably opened by customs even though under eu rules I don't think they are supposed to.

Actually they can open any package they want - EU rules just refer to duty and tarriff free circulation of goods - but they always could open any package they felt was "suspect" in transit - even more so since 9/11 - you would not believe the amount of red tape and documentation that has be processed in exporting and freight forwarding these days due to increased vigilance over security and other concerns

I'm waiting on a parcel I ordered on 6th that was apparently dispatched on the 10th. I emailed the company yesterday but they didn't respond. In the past they sent a dispatch email and then 2 days later sent an email saying the item wasn't in stock so I don't trust the dispatch emails.

I have bought an awful lot of stuff on EBay this year and mostly from the UK. The stuff was dispatched on dates 6th/7th/8th.....12th/13th and the deliveries have been very hit and miss. Stuff posted on 6th still not here and I have received stuff sent on 11th and 12th.
I have given up on some of the stuff until after Xmas.

Back