American intelligence

To be fair I wouldn't assume that the people interviewed necessarily constitute a representative sample.

Imagine that! why are we not a super power.A local radio station in dub had a presenter who used to go into schools and ask similar questions to 3 and 4 year olds and their answers were similar or very much better.Anyone remember that?

You ever been there, Bush? These people did put a man on the moon you know!!!

More times than I can count (one, two, three.....err, seven, 12, 22).

Conclusion: New Yorkers are God's children, but the rest...........

Imagine that! why are we not a super power.A local radio station in dub had a presenter who used to go into schools and ask similar questions to 3 and 4 year olds and their answers were similar or very much better.Anyone remember that?

Yes "The school around the corner" with Paddy Crosby and the replies he got to his questions contained more sense and logic than the adults on that interview.

The children could describe an incident and with the fun/expertise of Paddy he would draw them out and get a very innocent and honest story.

There was one child who told a story about a horse falling into a hole and was badly injured and had to be put down. (At that time animals were killed by shooting them) So Paddy asked the boy "Was he shot in the hole"
and the lad answered "No in the head";)

Funny - my mother told me that one just the other day. You're not my ma by any chance?

unreal. explains why so many american tourists wind up here though. havn't the foggiest where they are or who we are :)

....and then they go and put George Dubya in the Whitehouse!!

Putting him in once was bad enough but my sympathy ran out after they re-elected him. Doesnt it just illustrate what turkeys the Democrats were running against him.

If Al Gore had Clinton campaigning for him he probably would have made it. John Kerry - not quite sure what happened him, gunboat veterans seemed to impact badly on him which was ironic since he was a mutliple purple heart "holder" up against a drunkard draft dodger (love that aliteration ;) ).

Bush has historically poor poll numbers with an approval rating of 30-40% depending on the poll. So, 1/3 of Americans still feel that he is doing a good job despite everything. Amazing.

Rush Limbaugh and his ilk have a lot to answer for

Back