American East Coast Hotels????

Jack Frost

Hello all

I am planning a holiday for the East Coast of USA for July of next year.Hope to go for about 3 weeks. 2 adults and three kids aged 17,16 and 10.

I intend to stay for about 1 week in New York , 1 week in Boston and 1 week in another city in that east coast/area. The two oldest kids I know will be treated as adults. I will require two rooms in the hotels, or even an apartment would be good.

Can anyone offer any advice with regard to the following:

1. Recommendations for hotels or apartments in good central locations in New York and Boston.

2. Require good quality accomodation (Clean and fairly reasonable) .

3. Recommendations for renting an SUV.

4. Is it better to arrange everything from a Dublin travel agent (all in Package) or book the flights and hotels myself . Would prefer the latter.

5. Any suggestions for a third area to visit in that area for about 5 days.

Any advice whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance

Jacko

Jack Frost said:
3. Recommendations for renting an SUV.
I've used eBookers.ie for US car hire - Their Irish prices are fully inclusive of all extras & insurances you need, so no nasty surprises when you arrive.
Jack Frost said:
5. Any suggestions for a third area to visit in that area for about 5 days.
Cape Cod - 1-2 hours drive south of Boston - Great place for a week in nice weather.

I have used www.nova.co.uk - they use alamo, the last four times i used them there was no problem and they were cheaper than alamo directly online.

I strongly recommend you book this yourself and not through a travel agent - I have spent 11 wekks in total in the last 2 years on holidays in the USA and have saved around 8-10k by booking all by oneself.

Boston is a great city - try the Doubletree downtown and the Radisson.

Thank you very much for the tips folks. I will check out those web sites you recommend. Thanks again.

Jack