America with kids (not Orlando)

Edel V

Am just back from the most wonderful holiday ever in Orlando and am suffering badly from post holiday blues. I reckon the best cure for this is to start thinking about next years holiday. Anyway we had such a great time I would really like to see some more of America, any suggestions on where to go that would be suitable with 2 kids (7 and 4).

Edel

It's a long flight but I'd have to recommend San Diego. We were there last year and it was fab - we don't have kids but we reckoned it'd be perfect if we did have them and if the number of Irish accents we heard around the place is anything to go by, it is very popular with Irish people young and old!! There's the Zoo, Seaworld etc for organised days out and then fabulous weather, beaches and parks for lazier days. It's freakishly neat and clean and tidy as well which is presumably a selling point for people with little ones!!

My sister and her husband did San Diego and surrounding areas, - grand canyon etc they had my nieces with them who were 5 and 9 at the time. all thoroughly enjoyed it.

Looks like San Diego could be a possibility, was thinking we could fly into Los Angeles and do Disneyland for a couple of days and then hire a car and drive to San Diego for the rest of our holiday. There seems to be loads to see and do there, just need to see if I can get flights for a reasonable price. At a quick glance the prices seem to be astronomical.

Edel

you cant beat calafornia really. san fransicso, san diego, vegas (nevada)

Ranch vacations are now very popular in the US and are suitable for all ages, details at
http://www.ranchweb.com/categorydisplay.htm?id=35

I would highly recommend a family cruise either with Royal Caribbean Cruise Line , or Disney Cruise Line Land and Sea [broken link removed]

All entertainment, food etc is included in the price and there's plenty to do for kids of all ages. Supervision is excellent.

Back