Amazon UK does not ship xbox 360 games to Ireland

wavejumper

why is amazon not shipping video games to Ireland? I understand electronics not being shipped because of the waste recycling issue but how do games on DVD fall under this?

why is amazon not shipping video games to Ireland? I understand electronics not being shipped because of the waste recycling issue but how do games on DVD fall under this?

Very annoying, and in fact if you follow their instructions to see what countries they DO ship them to Ireland is on the list but when you try to complete checkout it tells you they wont ship to the address listed.

it's a shame as there's excellent deals (even when shipping is taken into account). Books and DVDs are shipped to Ireland too, it really makes little sense.

The whole Amazon issue about not shipping larger electronic items to Ireland really is very frustrating. Their prices are really competitive but we cannot avail of their whole product range. In terms of the Xbox games, however, I would email them to clarify why they cannot ship these. It may be an error on their behalf as they ship DVD's and CD's no problem.

Very annoying. Do what I did and take your business elsewhere. Places like play.com don't charge shipping, although delivery does take longer.

play is not cheap when you select the euro option, they fleece you on the conversion.

I've sent Amazon.co.uk an e-mail to see what the issues is. I'll post the answer if/when I get one.

here's the reply:

Dear Customer

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

We are sorry to inform you that we do not ship video games to Republic of Ireland.

We can confirm that we are unable to dispatch Electronic Electrical Equipment to addresses in the Republic of Ireland.

Sales of these products are restricted as a result of the Irish Governments' implementation of EU Electrical Waste Recycling legislation and the difficulties caused by their interpretation of the pricing obligations imposed on Distance Sellers such as ourselves.

We are always working to serve our international customers better. However, as policy, we do not comment on any possible expansion plans.

Please know that all our customers, international and at home, are very important to us and I have passed your suggestion along to the appropriate department.

We do value your custom and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk

I think the thorn here is that bit about the pricing regulations imposed on distance sellers. I imagine a case of greedy gov. vs. greedy amazon.

Play.com have a similar policy.

Why are amazon "greedy" in this case. Its not their fault that our lovely Govt have brought in regulations that are impossible for them to comply with.

but games aren't subject to WEEE directive! or else dvds/cds would be as well so they're incorrect there. the OP is asking about the games and Amazon answered as if it were the hardware/games system.

but games aren't subject to WEEE directive! or else dvds/cds would be as well so they're incorrect there. the OP is asking about the games and Amazon answered as if it were the hardware/games system.

Exactly - Amazon are actually incorrect here.

Back