Amazing deals on Alitalia until tomorrow (5th Dec)

brian.mobile

There is some amazing deals on the Alitalia site until tomorrow - Dec 5th.

Be quick...

For example, dubai for GBP 99 return plus taxes.

BM

but have you seen the routings, via both Paris and Milan.... and that combined taxes is over Eu135!
I'd pay that little extra to do direct with Aer Lingus or via Bahrain with Gulf Air.

Alitalia head out on strike fairly regularly.

They have no dired flights to / from Ireland anymore so you have to route on a partner to Italy first.

but have you seen the routings, via both Paris and Milan.... and that combined taxes is over Eu135!
I'd pay that little extra to do direct with Aer Lingus or via Bahrain with Gulf Air.

Hmmm.

Alitalia's site is a bit dodgy at the mo' but I just got an on-line quote for Shanghai for early Feb.

London - Milan - Shanghai (3 hour stopover in Milan)

189.00 + 103.00 (taxes) GBP = 292.00 GBP = 432.00 Euro return (inc taxes) - that's a great price I think!

Aer Lingus to London is cheap enough if booked early...

I'll do a search for Dubai later ;-)

BM

Decent fare alright ... probably would be €500-550 by the time you factor in the DUB-LHR sector as well

However

It's Alitalia - so they might well be bankrupt or on strike then
It's 2 transfers (Heathrow & Milan)
It's making your own connection - so if something goes wrong on the connection at Heathrow the airline doesn't have any obligation to help you out.

You can get Air France, KLM or Lufthansa without any of the above disadvantages for €600-650 all in around the same time period.