Am interested in buying Dell laptop, but want to know is it easy to get onto internet

witchymand

Am interested in a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop, which has a wireless connection built into it.
I have broadband at the moment.
Will the laptop just work without any problems or is there extra addition things I will need to get?
Please could you advise.
Thanks a million

You'll need a wireless broadband router - you should be able to get one for €80-€150. It would probably help to get someone with a bit of techie knowledge to help you set up the router.

withcymand

i recently purchased a Dell inspiron 6000 and am very happy with it. AS RD says inother to connect to the internet via the wireless link you need to have a wireless router, available in most shops like PC World or indeed on the Dell website if memory servers me right.

C

if your pc has a wireless card as well as the laptop you can get them working wirelessly without a router on what I think is called an Ad Hoc network - I am clueless about these things but got it working like this without a router - only thing is the pc has to be kept on whereas with a router the pc can be turned off with the router left on...

A few people I know who know about this stuff say for laptops, Toshiba is the only way to go, they are much better built........... btw, I dont have a laptop

podgerodge said:
if your pc has a wireless card as well as the laptop you can get them working wirelessly without a router on what I think is called an Ad Hoc network - I am clueless about these things but got it working like this without a router - only thing is the pc has to be kept on whereas with a router the pc can be turned off with the router left on...
In this scenario, the desktop PC is actually operating as a router - and the big drawback is the requirement to keep the desktop running while using the laptop.

Back