AIB Am I too late to submit an AIB tracker appeal?

Rose11

Hi Brendan, I'm a bit late to all this. Am I too late to submit an appeal form now do you think?

Hi Rose

I don't expect it to be like a legal statute of limitations where being even one day late can stop a court case. The purpose of the one year time limit was to stop people coming back after 5 years and submitting a claim.

ptsb allowed appeals well beyond the deadline and I expect that AIB will as well.

So download the form and send it off to BDO with a letter asking for it to be admitted.

Brendan

I didn’t think I get my appeal in on time but I did in the end, before I applied for an extension I received a letter today stating I have an extension until end of May but my appeal was in 2 days before the ending date I registered posted the appeal and have confirmation BDO received just hope my appeal won’t be left on the long finger ?

Hi Brendan
I am just wondering if you could give me some advice. I am one of the aib mortgage holders who received a letter last March (March 16th 2018) with a cheque for €1615 as compensation surrounding the issue of not being offered a tracker rate mortgage on expiration of my fixed rate.
I understand the cut off was 12months from the date of the letter to appeal and I have missed this deadline. Do you think I still have time to apply to appeal? I had a new baby 4 months ago and moved to a new home 5 months ago - things have been hectic and I am only coming out of the fog now! If you think I still could appeal, does the fact that I have sold my home and closed my mortgage account related to the redress issue impact the appeal?

Thanks for all your help and advice on this forum - reading through and it's so helpful

Go ahead and submit it you've nothing to loose if you do. You can call BDO on 1800 800 110 and ask them too, don't leave a voice mail they never returned mine just call back until you get someone.

Agree fully with the gun

And you have good reasons for the delay.

I don't think that they will enforce the deadline strictly

Brendan

Just an update. I rang AIB and they are sending out an appeals pack. I spoke to BDO also and I have to write a letter explaining my extenuating circumstances as to why I missed the March 16th deadline and they will review my request for an extension.

Received a letter from BDO today granting my request for a late appeal...my appeal arrived from AIB and has been sent in. Thanks Brendan- your instructions for completing the forms were brilliant!

Hi Brendan,

I’m new to this forum and just read through all your posts regarding this matter.

Unfortunately, I have missed the deadline for appeal as I’ve had other distractions with a baby and two other kids and caring for my sick mum.

Do you think it’s too late to submit an appeal? Do you think if I downloaded an form from here and attach a letter requesting an extension they might accept it?
I’m ex AIB staff and not sure if that makes a difference to the appeals etc

Kind Regards

Last edited:
Hi Hoby

You should write to the Chairman and explain your circumstances and ask for permission to submit an appeal.

They can but refuse.

Please do let us know the outcome.

Brendan

A question. I missed the deadline to appeal my case to aib due to a death in the family. I should have been offered a tracker in November 2010 (after 3 years fixed) instead went on a fixed rate of 5.2% for 10 year end of January 2011and am still on same. Is it worth while appealing or am I as well of just going variable for the last 4 years. (120,000 mortgage over 15 years 4 left to go paying €885 a month at the moment @5.2%)

So far, anyone whose appeal on the prevailing rate issue, has received the following rejection letter.

If you have appealed on this issue, please confirm that you have received this letter. Or if you have received a different one, let us know that as well.

Brendan

View attachment 3693
So far, anyone whose appeal on the prevailing rate issue, has received the following rejection letter.

If you have appealed on this issue, please confirm that you have received this letter. Or if you have received a different one, let us know that as well.

Brendan

View attachment 3693

Hi Brendan,

Am I too late in appealing the letter received last year? We received the €1000 plus the amount for legal advise.

Kind regards

You are late but no loss in applying, AIB stated at the finance comittee that they wouldn't apply the statue of limitations to tracker cases so you could argue that if BDO try rebuff you.

Hi Brendan , my letter was dated 22 March. I’m well over the 12 months. Does that mean there’s no point in appealing and if there’s a positive outcome I’ve got to hope it includes all of us that received the €1615 compensation? Not just those that appealed.

Back