Am I entitled to Inheritance Property

allthedoyles

Hi, I am writing this thread on behalf of a friend , so please understand that the ' I ' is not actually me.............................................

....My husband was left a substantial amount of property , which he has now sold on , and now has money from sale in the local bank .

This has all been sorted legally and everything is in order.( including tax paid 40k )

My husband is now 75 and I am 68 years old

However , he never asked me for any imput in his dealings with bank / solicitors , and the money is lodged in his bank a/c in his name .

What I would like to know is this : Am I entitled to a share of his wealth , as I am his wife ...........and also if he dies before me , will his bank a/c balance be left to me , or if he has will made will , can this money be left to his offspring ..............

Section 111 of the Succession Act, 1965. aka the "legal right share"

It depends on whether there are children, but the spouse is entitled to 1/3 or 1/2 of the estate. The spouse can, however, renounce the right pursuant to Section 113 of the same act.

If he left less than that in the will, the spouse is entitled to appropriate the full amount due.

It depends on whether there are children, but the spouse is entitled to 1/3 or 1/2 of the estate. The spouse can, however, renounce the right pursuant to Section 113 of the same act.

If he left less than that in the will, the spouse is entitled to appropriate the full amount due.

Thanks j26
Of course the 'children ' are now between ages 28/50

Does spouse have to wait until other half dies , or is spouse entitled a share now ? ( spouse now 68 )

[quote can this money be left to his offspring......[/quote]

Is she the birth mother of the children or is she his second wife.

I'm glad she is the birth mother they won't see their mum go without. Just had a thought she could ask him for a divorce...that might shock the old skinflint into giving her at least half of it which I think she deserves.

I'm glad she is the birth mother they won't see their mum go without. Just had a thought she could ask him for a divorce...that might shock the old skinflint into giving her at least half of it which I think she deserves.

LOL could not have put it better, what an auld geezer eh! Pocketing all the money and the poor auld dear left wondering when she might get a few treats.

A classic Irish marriage. I suppose the old git wants to take it with him as well. The best thing he needs is a reality check. The graveyards are ful of people who thought they were indispensable.

I read this differently.

He inherited ( not both). He has not disposed of it. Where does

"Just had a thought she could ask him for a divorce...that might shock the old skinflint into giving her at least half of it which I think she deserves. "

"what an auld geezer eh! Pocketing all the money and the poor auld dear left wondering when she might get a few treats. "

"A classic Irish marriage. I suppose the old git wants to take it with him as well. The best thing he needs is a reality check. The graveyards are ful of people who thought they were indispensable. "

Talk about 1 and 1 making 7!

mf

My husband is now 75 and I am 68 years old

However , he never asked me for any imput in his dealings with bank / solicitors , and the money is lodged in his bank a/c in his name .

What I would like to know is this : Am I entitled to a share of his wealth , as I am his wife ...........and also if he dies before me , will his bank a/c balance be left to me , or if he has will made will , can this money be left to his offspring ..............

MF1 I understand he has not 'disposed' of his inheritance and judging by the OP it is indeed of some concern to his wife. That is the basis for my comment and opinion.

Last edited:
Back