Alvor Portugal

monte

Thinking of going here in August, anyone any reccomendations on it?
Would especially like to know about transfers to Alvor from Faro airport please...

I'm biased because I have an apartment there, but I think Alvor is great. Huge sandy beach with a number of little coves on the Eastern end, lots of very nice and very reasonably priced restaurants and very family friendly.

There are a number of private transfer firms that offer a trip from the airport to Faro for around €50 for up to four people. The journey takes around 50 minutes. Or you can save money by going for a shared transfer, but this can take a lot longer because of drop offs along the way.

You'll get lots of information on Alvor at the following link

We stayed in the Prainha village last year and I thought it was beautiful, its a bit outside the village but there is a bus that runs regularly from outside thats very cheap. Alvor itself is lovely, very nice cheap seafood restaurants, family friendly and no loud lager lout types. Would highly recommend the place and would defo go back to Prainha village if I had the money!

Thanks Homer & Maxie, just booked it and really looking forward to it, sounds like a lovely spot and just what we're looking for.