Alu-clad front door

pingpong

I'm looking for an easy maintain front door and sidelight which is not upvc. I got a quote for an alu-clad door which is 3.4k for my door style which is mainly plain glass, simple traditional design. This is truly mad.
Has anyone done this for (a lot) cheaper and got satisfaction? Should I be loooking for another type of cladding? I don't want all wood as I've enough to do as it is. (I checked the previous posts but need further advice)

This company may have something similar to what you are looking for...
http://www.arcticdoors.com/

They do a thermal insulated door with polyiso foam insulation between fibreglass panels..higher preformance to pvc....

i have no connection with this company....

That's a crazy quote for a door alright but the aluclad is nice I'll admit. What's your aversion to a proper timber door? A good quality hardwood door with multipoint locking and weather seals would cost half that amount and at least with wood you have the option of freshening it up every few years with a lick of paint. PVC doors are an abomination in my opinion, especially as the main front door to your house. I've got timber front and rear doors in my house and I recoat them every 3 or 4 years, not a "nice" job but no big deal either. PVC may be low maintenance but it's not "maintenance free". Timber (sourced from an FSC accredited supplier) is a sustainable, renewable resource too.

Back