Laya Alternative to laya total health complete plan

Susie2017

Hi, I will be grateful if the expert on here could point me in the direction of an alternative plan to the laya total health complete plan, which is coming in at a total of 1472.87 (for renewal this month). My father is 79 years old and has a number of illnesses, including cardiac problems. He regularly attends a cardiologist and other clinicians at the Beacon Hospital and has done several day cases and overnight there for cardiac and other procedures in the past. He has no problem paying a small excess (I think he currently has an excess on this plan, but I'm not sure). He would probably prefer to stay with Laya, if possible, to avoid excessive paperwork, however this is not absolute, if there is a much better deal out there and if his cover would not be affected. Many thanks in advance.

Hi Susie2017,

The following 3 plans are worth considering, they have lower excesses for any admissions or day case procedures.
The inpatient excesses are capped at a set amount per year for all private admissions, regardless of how many.
Two plans fully cover a private room in a private hospital.

1. Laya Simply Connect Plus; price 1330pa; all public, private and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered, private/hi-tech excess capped at 150 x 1 max
per year for all admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, 1 euro excess, 50% refund for consultant visits, gp, physio, dental etc. upto a max refund of 1000 per year.

2. Laya Connect Simplicity; price 1367pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private excess
capped at 150 x 2 max per year for all admissions. Day case excess 100 per procedure. Good day to day cover included. 1 euro excess, 50% refund
for consultant visits, gp, dental, physio etc upto a max refund of 1000 per year. A private room is covered in Beacon Hospital on this plan,
but there will be a 2 year wait for a private room in relation to his pre-existing illnesses/conditions. A semi-private room is covered as before.

3. Laya Simplicity plan; price 1370pa; all public, private(including private room fully covered) and 3 hi-tech hospitals covered. Private excess
capped at 100 x 2 max per year for all admissions. Day case excess 50 per procedure. Good day to day cover included, 50% refund for consultant
visits, gp, dental, physio etc upto a max refund of 7650 per year - but the first 100 not allowed. A private room is covered in Beacon Hospital on this plan,
but there will be a 2 year wait for a private room in relation to his pre-existing illnesses/conditions. A semi-private room is covered as before.

https://www.hia.ie/comparison-tool/...vY2siOmZhbHNlLCJwbGFuX2RldGFpbF9pZCI6LTF9fV0=

Regards, Snowyb

Back