alternative option instead of grass for front yard

RPR

A friend of mine is looking for advice for his front garden lawn. It's not a big area, 2 cars can be parked back-to-back comfortably (to give you a rough idea on length)

He does not want it to be Grass, also does not prefer it to be cemented or tiled. I advised Gravel, but that too he is not keen as he worries that kids will use it for public lamp post/windows aiming practice. Then there's local cats that will use it for litter.

What else can be done ...any suggestion?

had a look at that site and it looks like a nice finish, any idea as to rough pricing of it. Standard 3 bed semi drive way?

how about this? A company in the midlands called Booth concrete make a similar one, but they don't have a website..........looks like grass, but you can drive on it! Cool, at least your drive wouldn't look like a carpark

[broken link removed]

They are used all over Germany and Holland, have been for years.
I don't like them, not for a house driveway.

We got a price about five years ago for the stencilled concrete - £10,000 (STG) for 106 sq metre driveway. We ended up with tarmac.

By "tiled" do you actually mean cobble locked? That would be my preferred finish I have to say.

Yes, I meant cobble locked.
The tree hugger thing looks expensive.

Are there any sites that list diff types of gravel?

We got a price about five years ago for the stencilled concrete - £10,000 (STG) for 106 sq metre driveway. We ended up with tarmac.

thats some quote, I quote round 6500 - 7500 for that in stencil of that size.
euro too

Back