alternative heat and power

manukev

hi,i am thinking about installing a wood pellet central heating system and getting rid of the oil system.the boiler for the oil is in the utility so i would like to install the new system in the same place using the same plumbing that is already in place.just wondering has anyone already done this and if so is it a success also if its true how much cheaper it is to run.also would like to know if anyone has installed a domestic wind turbine as a back up or as a main source of power.thanks

Hi, We have a similiar situation to you....we are putting in a wood pellet in our utility room, has been a battle to find one for indoors...think we finally have one now...It is a Mescoli Boiler 28kw... I am not too bothered that it will take over the utility just hoping now that it will not be too noisy...like you we had oil and ripped it out last May thinking we would be well finished by now....we had a plumber out last night and he is okay with it all, as not installed yet cannot be of much help but should be up and running in next 2weeks or we will perish...Regards, FifiB

thanks fifib.i think i will just spend the rest of the winter searching and make do with the oil.at least we have heat.good luck with your system

Back