Already living in affordable house but local authority have not put mortgage in place

Andy_and_lou

Hi,

I recently got an Affordable House and I have been in it since Christmas. I have been paying rent to the council until the Mortgage has been processed but I was told before christmas the Mortgage would be in place by the end of January, we are now in March and I am still paying rent. I have tried to contact my Local Authority and have been told it's still been processed. The last conversation I had was last month when I was told the first Mortgage Payment would be taken out in March, it's now the 21st and there is no sign of any payment being taken from my account. Also I was under the impression that I had to sign a contract with my Solicitor before paying the mortgage but he hasn't received anything. I've tried calling them again today but can't get onto the person who is dealing with it. I have left messages too. Just wondering has anyone gone through this process, did it take this long, did you have sign a contract first, any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Back