alpha rooms changed our salou hotel

T

theredacer

could anyone tell us where we stand on this one.Alpha rooms notified us today that there was a mix up with their service providers(hotels) and our hotel was not available.due to travel end of july.the alternative hotel they have for us does'nt ave the same facilities we paid for??p.s first time post...

Try other hotel websites for the same hotel and also the hotels direct website, Alpha rooms are only allocated a certain amount of rooms in any given hotel, That does not mean that the hotel is booked out just that Alpha have used up their quota. Providing money was not taken from your card you are free to try other sites, I have come across this before and googled the hotel we were heading to in Spain and rang them direrctly for our bookings, We gave our e-mail address and had it confirmed there and then, Regards Salaried.

booked and paid for cye holiday village self catering apartment for 4 in salou.Alpha emailed yesterday stating customers with up to 4 people on their booking on self catering will be allocated in cye salou apartments which are a seperate building and €6 taxi spin away from holiday village!!!!.

Cancel with alpharooms immediately and book somewhere else. Afaik alpha charge you up front so you need to get a refund pronto.

according to alpharoom website we're only entitled to 50% refund. i was thinking more like full refund and compensate towards cost of similar accommadation.??

I doubt you're entitled to compensation (and I'd say their t&cs cover them for changing where you've booked), I'd have a read of the t&cs then get onto the National Consumer Agency & if all else fails call your card company to see about charging back the cost

according to alpharoom website we're only entitled to 50% refund.
Even if they change the booking to not what you asked for ? Or is this a charge if you cancel the original booking ?

See the Thing is the original place was perfect with kids club,kids entertainment,kids pool etc,alternative place has none of these.
I checked some hotel sites last night but theres nothing similiar at the same price.Gone through the roof since i booked in jan.We're on a tight budget so its all we need.I wonder would i get a diffirent responce from em if i treatened to bad mouth em all over fb and twitter.They keep fobbing me off saying their waiting to hear from Hq about how to deal with this.??Likely story??