Allowances: how much Cigrettes, Drink and perfume allowed to import from the Canaries

Sarah

Can anyone tell me how much Cigrettes, Drink and perfume your allowed to bring home from the canaries...its all for personal consumption, i normally bring back about 3 bottles of perfume(handy presents!) and a few bottles of Snapps ect and about 800 ciggies but not sure if they are getting more strict. Going in Sept if that makes any difference! I have been hearing varied opnions so just want to make sure. Apologies if this has already been posted but i could not search for it.
Thanks a mill

Sarah

Re: Allowances: how much Cigrettes, Drink and perfume allowed to import from the Cana

Details here -

Re: Allowances: how much Cigrettes, Drink and perfume allowed to import from the Cana

They're not getting any stricter ... they've always been strict in theory and what you've brought back in the past exceeds your personal allowance.

For the purposes of Duty Free importation allowances the Canary Islands (along with the Channel Islands and Gibraltar ) are not included in the "as much as you like as long it's for persional consumption" Duty Free allowances.

As such you are allowed to bring back from the Canaries only

200 Cigarettes
1L of Spirits
60ml of Perfume

Full details on -

(It doesn't matter where you buy these products whether in the airport or not this is the maximum you are legally allowed to import with out being subject to duty)

Of course enforcement and the likelihood of being stopped is a completely different story but these are the rules anyway :)

Thanks for the replies. By personal consumption i simply ment that i am not planning on selling the items off on my return just stating that although it may sound excessive everything i bring back is for myself!
I was never sure whether it was 400 cigrettes or 200. Anyway now i know so thanks again!

Back