allofmp3.com

Bosshog

anybody having trouble logging onto this site?
i am.
i wonder has it been shut down?

Its working for me. it has been slow recently though. I wonder is it just getting too much traffic.

They got a lot of bad publicity recently...must have been good for business! Use their download manager to speed things up.

Squonk said:
They got a lot of bad publicity recently...must have been good for business! Use their download manager to speed things up.

i would if i could only get the site to download properly!!

thanks

heard on the radio earlier this week that imro and its UK equivilent are trying to get allofmp3 shut down. The reason i had trouble logging onto allofmp3 last week was because Eircom had it temporarily blocked.
the topic of allofmp3 even came up in a meeting between Bush and Putin recently.
so anyone with balances remaining should spend them quickly!!

most of these sites are selling illegal music. just because you are paying them doens't mean they are paying the rights owners...

also, beware of potential trojan horses, particularly with the 'download manager' mentioned above, given that it is from russia...

wiggzie said:
most of these sites are selling illegal music. just because you are paying them doens't mean they are paying the rights owners...

also, beware of potential trojan horses, particularly with the 'download manager' mentioned above, given that it is from russia...
There are many other threads on this topic ...those sites are not strictly illegal, depending on your orientation....speaking technically, I find the quality of these sites second-to-none; I have never seen any virus from them (and I am protected up to the hilt)..Wiggzie, do you have any first hand experience of any of this?

no but I know enough from my job to be very wary...when you say protected up to the hilt - what exactly are you using?

Bosshog said:
The reason i had trouble logging onto allofmp3 last week was because Eircom had it temporarily blocked.
Would this be the same Eircom that advertised one of the major benefits of their broadband services was the ability to download TV shows and 'watch them before your friends'? How could this be done except through peer-to-peer filesharing sites that breach copyright?

RainyDay said:
Would this be the same Eircom that advertised one of the major benefits of their broadband services was the ability to download TV shows and 'watch them before your friends'? How could this be done except through peer-to-peer filesharing sites that breach copyright?

yes saw that also. had to laugh really. they are a funny bunch.

wiggzie said:
no but I know enough from my job to be very wary...when you say protected up to the hilt - what exactly are you using?

Sounds like you're scaremongering, Wiggzie ! I have the download manager as well and haven't had a problem.

Mumha said:
Sounds like you're scaremongering, Wiggzie ! I have the download manager as well and haven't had a problem.

just offering some friendly advice...as I I said above, my experience tells me not to trust this sort of software.

wiggzie said:

The status of allofmp3.com is in dispute.

The rights organisations in many western countries contend it is illegal and allofmp3.com contend that they are allowed under Russian law to sell music. Until the matter is resolved in court there is no defintive answer to the legality or otherwise of the site (and the answer could be different country by country).

However I suspect that they would lose a case and are illegal. Whether a consumer who purchased in good faith believing it was legal would be penalised I'm not sure though ignorance of the law is not normally a valid defence.

dam099 said:
The status of allofmp3.com is in dispute.

The rights organisations in many western countries contend it is illegal and allofmp3.com contend that they are allowed under Russian law to sell music. Until the matter is resolved in court there is no defintive answer to the legality or otherwise of the site (and the answer could be different country by country).

However I suspect that they would lose a case and are illegal. Whether a consumer who purchased in good faith believing it was legal would be penalised I'm not sure though ignorance of the law is not normally a valid defence.

I wonder will they lose though ? The price of dvds/cds is different all over the world from the scandalous here in Ireland to the ridiculously cheap in the far east. Allofmp3 is only different because they sell over the net and is thus readily accessible to us in the west. Music Companies operate a cartel to keep the price articifically high here, so hopefully they will be rebuffed in a court of law. Napster was different in that they paid nothing in royalties.

Back