"All things Nice" furniture in Dundalk

Northie

Has anyone had any dealings with this company recently?

We ordered a new bed from them over four weeks ago with the promise of no more then a four week wait.... Needless to say still no sign of the bed, but to make matters worse they wont answer the phone. So it now looks like another trip to Dundalk.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or its just my bad luck?

Thanks in advance

Anne

just passed their shop minutes ago and they are no longer in business.i am not joking either.

they are/were situated along the by-pass right?

I would say I don't believe it but.....

I paid by credit card, but have just been on to them and they say they can't do anything. So I suppose its a case of trying to track them down

Anne

anne i'm from around this neck of the woods and ill make a few enquieries.if i hear anything ill PM you

Thanks XMan. Have just been on to one of the shops beside them, and I figure they closed days after us being there!

We fully outfitted our house this time last year from shops in Dundalk, Drogheda and Navan never had a problem. Had to replace our bed and was debating between one from this crowd and one from a shop we bought from before. Hubbie's choice won out - don't think he'll be too happy when he hears the news

Have very seldom paid out before delivery, but had been in this shop a couple of times over the last couple of years and believed I was somewhat protected using the old Credit Card - definitely learnt my lesson.

Anne

I heard from a guy in work who lives in Dundalk said that shop has closed down and left alot of people high and dry. He said there is "to let" sign in the shop window and the have gone out of business. Sorry, i dont think you are getting your bed!

it might small claims court issue at this stage to get your money back.

it has a lease or sale sign outside.........location was terrible

I cant believe you are not protected by your credit card. I always purchase items such as furniture by credit card solely for that reason. I was unfortunate enough to purchase a full set of bathroom tiles from Rocca tiles just before they closed down. I paid by credit card at the time and they said the tiles would be ordered for me, but obviously they never were.
The credit card company (AIB VISA) repaid the full amount of IR£450 back into my account, even though it was about six months after I paid.

Quick update, have been on the phone and internet since yesterday.

Looks like some people got sorted throught their NI shop before that closed. Have been on to the good old Joe Duffy so their chasing it now as well.

Got back on to AIB to a different voice who gave me completely different information. Turns out I may have a comeback through them. We need to chase the company, get proof they've closed down and that we've tried to get our money. AIB then will take over and chase them. So at least that's something!

So if anyone knows of anyone who has been affected by this get them to PM me.

Thanks All

Anne