All Ireland semi-finals

villa 1

Why is it that the semis have to be played in dublin ireland when they could easily be played in a neutral venue like thurles. That would suit the travelling Cork and Kilkenny hurling fans.
This venue could also hold the Cork v Dublin foorball game. Or is it the case that the dublin supporters would get lost on route to the tipperary town as happened in the past.
As a gaa supporter it has become quite expensive to go to the games this year especially when travelling to Dublin. Think of all the football supporters on the beara peninsula who have to travel to Dublin.

I would imagine the GAA is contractually obliged to host the semi-finals in Croker due to sponsorship, corporate boxes, etc.

Given that it's Cork's 3rd visit in 3 weeks to Croker, (+ 2 visits to Thurles, and for the really dedicated, days out in Limerick, Killarney and Wexford as well) + another visit to Croker to come, it's been a really expensive year for the Rebels.

In fairness, Croke Park allows a far bigger crowd to go to games then any other ground.

I'd be happier if they cut the prices though, €45 for a match + €5 for a programme is a bit much in this current environment, and I know they have good packages out there for quarter final/semi final, but it's still dear.

Why is it that the semis have to be played in dublin ireland when they could easily be played in a neutral venue like thurles. That would suit the travelling Cork and Kilkenny hurling fans.
This venue could also hold the Cork v Dublin foorball game. Or is it the case that the dublin supporters would get lost on route to the tipperary town as happened in the past.
As a gaa supporter it has become quite expensive to go to the games this year especially when travelling to Dublin. Think of all the football supporters on the beara peninsula who have to travel to Dublin.

Considering just over 20,000 turned out for the Munster SHC Final replay in Thurles this year and ticket prices were reduced by €5 to 30/25/15/10, this was quite a 'modest' attendance for a big game. Semple holds 50,000, the Dubs need 60,000 tickets, it wouldn't make any financial sense for the GAA to have the Dublin Cork game in Semple. Anyhow the players love to visit the Capital and play in the world class stadium that Croke Park is.

I'm not sure the cork supporters are too keen on all the travelling. Remember that the cork team are regularly involved in both hurling and football.
What's with the treat of going to dublin:confused: Let the dublin hoards travel down the country for a change. They may realise that there is a country outside Dublin:D

Back