All Ireland Final ticket for someone who really deserves one!!!

landlord

My father in law has been working in Mayo County Council for 40 years and is recently retired. I know he has tried several times over the years to get tickets for a Final, but with no success. Anyone know where I could get hold of 1 or 2 tickets without having to remortgage the house.

Stand around Gills/Quinns/Big Tree/Ryan pubs on the match day and ask people if they have spares.

Last year I went to O'Connell Street holding a sign saying "Ticket Wanted". I was shocked at the way some people tried to sell me forged tickets. One ticket said "Croke Park, Upper Level", with no mention of who was playing, what the occasion was, the date, or anything else.

Anyway to answer your question, a fella offered me a genuine ticket for 120 euro. Its face value was eight euro. If I go to this year's All-Ireland, I will take the same approach. I really don't know how else to get a ticket.

According to Colm Parkinson on Twitter, there were loads of tickets to be had in Jurys on Sunday. Face value and below.

And in all of the above pubs I mentioned. Its easier to get tickets for hurling final though.

Back