All in one Printer - Which to get?

anatasha

Went down to get an all in one printer.My budget is under 400 euros.There are so many makes HP,Brother,Cannon ,Lexmark ,Epson etc.They all are quite similar in Specs.Any advice where to go and which to choose.

Thanks for that europhile.i should have mentioned that i am looking with one with a fax.

The lexmark X1180 is a scanner, printer and fax..I bought it as a scanner and colour printer as I already have a laser printer and it was about 100.00 from a local office supplier. If you are doing a lot of printing (more than 50-100 pages per day) I wouldn't recommend it but if it's for low consumption it's fine!

But the problem with Lexmark is that you can't refill the cartridges,and once one colour goes you can't use any of the of the other colours even black! i.e your printer won't work until you pay to replace the cartridge-.Make sure to get a model that is re-fillable and also that the cartridge is not chipped.You can get a device to re set the chip in the cartridge if it is chipped but why bother ....get it from the beginning.I re-filled my colour cartridge yesterday HP1210PSC(No fax on it though) cost about 2 Euro!

do you need colour ?

Xerox laser machines come with onsite warranty and laser toners ( much cheaper to run than ink )

I ahve to admit i do work with Digidox and we are the Authorised Xerox supplier but Laser machines IF you are doing the volume are the way to go 3000 page cart for just € 99 ex vat

I can be contacted by pm if I can help

good luck

Thanks for all the replies.Yes i do need color printing.I think it is cheaper if you have 5 or 6 cartilages ,so that you can replace the one that goes.I was told epson is good that way.Individual cartilage is cheaper.Foe dell i think you need to buy on line,though their prices seem quite good.
I saw cannon MP780 in harvey norman the other day.It is a big machine and fits the budget.Any comments?
I not sure if you can fax from all PCs ,would you not need a special software and be on a dial up connection,or can you do that on broadband.I am just ignorant re the logistics of working it.

the danger with the 6 seperate carts is that when one is failing the print quality on whole document is affected ( i used to work on a tech support line for Small office equipment )

it's like a phone, are you planning on making 3 calls a week for 2 minutes each? then buy a credit phone, would you like eace of mind to know you can always pick up the phone and call at a low rate go contract

same applies to printers, we supply printers with a cost per page of just over 1 cent black, including toners service and parts, never buy toner again

we also have colour machines for € 100 a month including your first 500 colour prints regardless of toner coverage!

I have tried almost all brands of inkjets (Lexmark, Canon and Epson), and thrown them out one by one, however I now have a HP all-in-one and am truely impressed about quality and speed (and durability). My brother has one too and he has the same opinion. Ours don't have faxes but HP does do all-in-one-s incl faxes, eg here

Hi Yorky
got the Cannon MP780 yesterday,do i need to be connected to a phone line,if i m no using the fax?

Back