Algarve

!RAY

Hi
Myself and my wife are looking to head to the Algarve for two weeks the end of Aug start of Sep. We have never been before ,we are not all that interested in Bars or the beach.Just want good weather and sun,We are thinking about getting a villa .Can anybody recommend a area and Villas.
Cheers
Ray

Hi Ray

I recommend the Western Algarve - either Alvor or Lagos. Both have lots of nice restaurants and a wide range of apartments and villas to hire. You will find loads of places you can hire on www.holidayhomesdirect.ie or www.ownersdirect.co.uk and will probably get a better deal by booking directly and getting flights from Ryanair or Aerlingus.

My personal favourite is Alvor (statement of interest - I own an apartment there), which has a lovely atmosphere and no nightclubs, so it's very family oriented and doesn't tend to attract gangs of teenagers and/or lager louts. Praia da Rocha is only about three miles away, but worlds apart.

Homer

Thanks Homer
We have been looking endlessly on the net and believe Alvor is a very nice area. Do you know anyone within the area who we could contact with a view to renting an apartment there by any chance? Ideally, we are looking for somewhere that has a pool - communal or private. Also would like the area to be quiet. (We are not OAP's - just want a holiday where we can relax and have nice food/wine!) Would prefer a non-smoking place as the wife is fussy (enough said!).

Cheers