Alexandra Walk / Adelaide square

messyleo

Thinking of buying in the new alexandra walk part of adelaide square - it's a new build. I was wondering if anyone had any commenst about the general area, or maybe even if anyone was living in part of the adelaide square complex. Took a look around it, and as its just off aungier street there is a lot of corporation housing etc. which might be a problem???

Thats the neighbourhood, its city centre. I can't see it being a problem. Camden street and Georges street are great and Stephens Green just a stone throw.

gravitygirl said:
Thinking of buying in the new alexandra walk part of adelaide square - it's a new build. I was wondering if anyone had any commenst about the general area, or maybe even if anyone was living in part of the adelaide square complex. Took a look around it, and as its just off aungier street there is a lot of corporation housing etc. which might be a problem???

What are the prices ?

[edit]
found this on the web
[broken link removed]

Expensive. 495 for a one bed. They have a lovely aspect in that all apartments are south facing. But parking is 50,000 aswell.

I live in Adelaide Sq. and love it.
I certainly wouldn't say it was a rough neighbourhood.
Maybe I would be cautious about parking on the street, but that's true of anywhere in the city.
Service charges are quite high, but probably value for money.

I see that there is an ad for Alexandra Walk in the prop section of today's I.T. There are 7 apts. left. I'm not surprised. I looked at those apts. March/April of this year when they were launched. They're a good size but it's a stretch to say they're part of the Adelaide Sq. complex, which is the way they are being marketed. All of the bedrooms are bang up against the yard of a corpo. block and on the day I viewed them, there was techno music blaring out of the window's of one of the corpo. flats. It was a welly's throw from the back of the show apartment. Although the complex is in a good location, it is too separate from Adelaide Sq. to have the cachet of that complex and, at risk of sounding classist, it is far too close to the noisy side of a corpo complex for comfort. I really don't know how the developers can justify the prices. Still they've managed to shift 30 odd units and, in fairness, it could be that the remaining apts. are one beds that don't come with a parking space which would make them harder to sell.

I looked seriously at these Alexadra Walk apartments when they were first released, but I went for Longboat Quay in the docklands instead.

I have lived close to Alexandra Walk for 11 years, and I've no problem about the location. As someone said, Georges St. is great, and you have everything within a stones throw.

The apartments are very high spec, some of the best I've seen. Also having a 24 hour concierge is a real plus in my view, although it makes the service charges very high.

What I didn't like was the boxy feel to the apartments, and although the aspect is southerly you're still looking straight at the Alexandra Square apartments. I just think they wouldn't be that bright, even with sunshine.

For a similar price I got a Longboat Quay apartment looking straight onto the Liffey. Not as high spec inside, but I prefer the view and feeling of space.

Back