Aldi usb hub

O

oulu

My pc only has 3 ubs ports but could do with more,does the 4 port usb hub on sale from 17th march in aldi work like a double/treble adator , would this allow me to have more ports cheers price 12.99

Should do. Note that while the is USB 2.0 you will only benefit from the higher speed compared to USB 1.1 if your PC is already USB 2.0 enabled or you upgrade it. See . Might be worth checking if it has its own external power supply as power over USB can be an issue when connecting many devices at once and the power usage exceeds the rated capacity of the USB setup. I think that Windows XP is pretty good at reporting stuff like this. Older Operating Systems may not be and it can lead to obscure to track down problems.

7dayshop.com also offer these at fairly good prices. Also note Aldi selling a video to dvd transfer kit for less than €50. I'm on my way! Probably gone though.

Probably gone though.

Shouldn't be since they are Paddy's Day specials although I've seen the Thursday specials arrive in early or late on occasion. Are 7dayshop any good? I only seem to recall bad reports about them here on AAM? Maybe people with positive experiences just aren't reporting back? For what it's worth I've found [broken link removed] and RL Supplies quite good for bits and pieces of hardware.

Does the following mean that the Aldi hub is or isn't externally powered which may be relevant for some setups (a colleague has lots of trouble with certain devices exceeding the power capabilities of his USB setup...!)
Support power/self power mode

Hi Clubman,

I've always found 7dayshop to be pretty good. However, their deliveries are not fast - about 2 weeks on average.

Incidentally, I often find I get stuff delivered faster from the USA (from ebay) than from Ireland or the UK - not sure why ?

Had a look at their website just now and found it difficult to navigate to be honest. I assumed that "7day" name related to the delivery timeframe. A recent purchase from RL Supplies took a good while but I suspect that the hold up was with An Post during some minor dispute just after Christmas. Obviously if anybody is travelling to the US it makes sense to pick up bits and pieces like this as they are so cheap over there! Although when the price is c. Eur13, as here, the potential for further savings are probably marginal.

might be worth considering too.

NoWaffle have 1.1 hubs for €12 (they're in Firhouse, Dublin 24).

Yeah, like an idiot I went running off only to be told the specials aren't in until Thursday.

With regard to 7dayshop, the stuff I ordered arrived in good time it's just that at first it wouldn't work on my pc. After some tweeking I got the 90 min cds to work (using overburn) and the dvd problem is probably firmware related. Given that this is due to me buying previously unused brands, I don't think I would hesitate in buying something like a camera, or for that matter a usb hub, if I had the full specs (power, usb 1.1/2.0 etc.).

On the vcr/dvd conversion kit available on Thursday, has anyone used these? How is converting a video to mpeg dvd going to affect quality? Looks like a cheaper solution than buying a video card, but am dubious.