Aldi PC & USB hub next week

O

opusirl

Aldi PC & USB hub next week

Looks like a good deal, I'm tempted!

The new ALDI-PC MEDION Titanium MD8386 with Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 640 and HT Technology - €1099.99

[broken link removed]

Title edited by ClubMan.

aldi pc

It is so frustrating to find yet again that the same Aldi pc is cheaper in other european countries.

[broken link removed]

but a great pc

Edited by ClubMan to fix link.

Re: aldi pc

Looks like a fine buy, have heard good reviews for others who have bought their last PC there, no monitor though!

Aldi Medion

I got their previous model 9 months ago.
I could never get the SIM card reader to work, but everything else works perfectly.

monitor

Yes, and again it's 50 euro dearer than Aldi in Spain and Germany. If I had the time I would stand outside Aldi with a big banner. If no-one bought these items until they price matched their own European stores they would soon move the price down. It feels like it's another case of how much can we rip people off here.

Taxes

Higher VAT plus transport plus cost of doing business?
I don't think it's excessive. I couldn't build the spec from parts for that price.

higher cost

Maybe.. funny how the Scanner they are selling is cheaper here than in Spain! |I

Speaking of the parts, does anyone know anything about the graphics card Radeon X740 that comes with this? Seems that it has 128mb ram but can't find anything about it review wise or performance wise.

Re: higher cost

Big thread over on Boards about that - seems to be the only 'weak link' in the spec...

Depends what you'll use it for, I suppose.

Re: higher cost

Bit strange alright. A steward's enquiry I reckon. Even [broken link removed] appears to know nothing about it.

higher costs = higher prices

In a richer country, like Ireland, prices will be higher than in Spain.

Wages are much higher here. Would you accept a wage cut, down to Spanish rates, so our prices would fall?

Also, our VAT of 21% is higher than their rate.

But our income taxes are MUCH lower than in Sapin.

x740 graphics card

Dr Moriarty - can't access boards.ie right now, what's the down points of this graphics card and what does it compare to in relation to well known cards? Anyone?

usb

anyone find out if that usb port going on sale thursday was powered or not? was thinking very same when someone else (CM?) posted here.
Bargain if it is at 12.99, tried to get one off elara at xmas and they were starting at 40 notes.

aldi pic

Has anyone gone and bought one of these pc's yet? Was there a big queue or is there any risk of a quick sellout?

those usb hubs are powered. Have one sitting in front of me. :)

aldi pc

Purchased the PC. Looking forward to setting it up when I backup all the info on the old computer. Looks good, small tower, 3 year on site warranty a nice plus.

dell

why not just buy from dell. they deliver within days and have many excellent offers every week. check out the ads in the paper. you can modify your order to suit your needs. i got a P4 2.8GHz - HT with 1024MB DDR2 ram, 160GB SATA 7200rpm HD, 19" flatpanel with DVI and DVD for €833 including delivery, €100 off and double RAM.

Back