Aldi PC offer

I couldn't build that spec from parts for the price they are offering it at, and that's before paying for software! I doubt Dell can compete either. I'm writing this on an Aldi PC I got over two years ago. No problems.

MugsGame said:
I couldn't build that spec from parts for the price they are offering it at, and that's before paying for software! I doubt Dell can compete either. I'm writing this on an Aldi PC I got over two years ago. No problems.

The Medion MD 8800 a.k.a. the gets good reviews on PC Plus.

Seems to have good spec for the price.

In the UK, they have 3 year onsite warranty if they can't fix the problem over the phone they will send an engineer out, according to [broken link removed]. I expect the same applies here.

Not exactly very pretty looking, though, is it? :)

The spec does look quite good at that price but it doesn't include a monitor and buying one of their 17" models will set you back another Eur219.99. Does anyone know who in Ireland provides their maintenance if things go wrong? Medion's website did not elaborate.

Gel

Bear in mind that the spec is probably way too high for the uses that most average users will put it to so you might be better off with a lower spec (including monitor and keyboard) Dell PC (e.g. one from the Dimension 1100 or 3100 range). I know that Medion usually provide a support helpline but I don't know who provides on-site and similar support if things go wrong.

Hi,
I bought the same one last time and have had no problems with it. I intend to buy the associated hard drive this time.
Regards,
Horse.

I see that it has 2 TV tuners and the review mentions a remote but I don't see what version of Windows it uses, does that Medion 8800 come with Windows Media Center Edition?

The pc comes with XP home OS, it has pre-installed Power Cinema software which is essentially the same as windows media software, the advantage of the Pow Cinema is that the remote is wireless, as in it does not require line of sight as does an infra-red remote, this is very handy as you do not need a visual line to the pc to control the tv/video playback etc.
I have my sky dish hooked up to the pc and it gets all the free to air channels and I use the pc to tape these channels, no problems
Would recommend this pc and advise for any purchaser to also buy the external hard drive also.

Hi,

looking to split my cable so that I can feed the tuners on the PC. As I also used this cable for broadband, Would doing such a job affect my BB performance? Would maplins be a good place to get quality stuff to do the split?

Thanks
S.

Back