Aldi |Digital Camera

O

oulu

About to buy my first Digital Camera ,Aldi have a traveler with 6.3 million pixelsmovie and sound capture mode, 10 self timer,44 images at max resolution 4x digital zoom,128 mb sd memory card this is on sale 17 feb, I know nothing about these can anybody help this is about my top budget or recommend something alse thanks

Aldi Digital Camera

Sorry forgot to mention price E279.00

Re: Aldi Digital Camera

My sister got one for xmas-pretty good, no problems so far. The amount of extras included is great.

Re: Aldi Digital Camera

6.3 megapixels - useful for the occasional poster but 99% f your snaps would be at 1-3 mp
digital zoom - waste of time as it degrades quality- any software package can do the same.

i would buy a fuji finepix s3500 for your budget. optical zoom and a manufacturer of proven quality

camera

But it DOES have a 3x Optical Zoom amongst:

"Huge 6.3 mega pixel resolution
3x optical zoom
4x digital zoom
Movie and sound capture mode
Large 2" TFT LCD colour monitor
3 mode flash with red eye reduction
10 second self-timer
USB, video and mains outlets
AC mains adaptor/charger
Aluminium camera body.
Superb support package includes:
128Mb SD memory card (1500 images at minimum resolution, 44 images at maximum resolution); two rechargeable high performance lithium ion batteries; separate battery charging unit for recharging the spare battery; separate 12 volt car charger for charging the battery or powering the camera whilst on the move; USB cable; video/TV cable; picture editing software; driver software; pouch."

Being the owner of a decent digital camera, my only worry would be about lens quality etc - but this does seem to be a good deal.

Re: camera

The Fuji camera mentioned above has an optical zoom of 10, which is almost as good as some of the top SLR film cameras.

If I was you I think I'd go with the Fuji - at the moment it's retailing at about €399

Noor

zoom

Well if optical zoom is the issue here, I would go for the Olympus C765 Ultra Zoom - also 10x Optical , in Pixels and Argos its on sale for Eur429 but, yet again, go to www.pixmania.com - and get it for Eur305!!

Aldi

I bought one last time round (€20 dearer) and I find it excellent. I'm not bothered by digital zoom as I recon its only a sales gimic. Picture quality is excellent and 3 year warrenty is peace of mind.
Regards,
Horse.

Re: Aldi

It all depends on what you will be using the camera for. If it is just for general family / holiday photos I really wouldn't spend more than €150 - €200. A lot of it is about how you take a photo as opposed to having all the latest gimmicks.

My own camera cost approx €800, but I only spent that much because I do a bit of wildlife and buildings photography. I use a different camera for more general stuff.

choice

Noor can u recommend Camera we only use for family plesasure maybe 3 eg would be great price between 150-300 euro and best place to buy thanks in advance I dont have a clue
u do recommend Fuji s350 is this a good 1 thanks

Oulu;

I will get back to you on that one tomorrow - I have a few cameras in mind : )

Noor

digital camera

Noor any news on cameras much appricated oulu

i just noticed that the aldi camera takes special batteries rather than standard AA ones. this alone would put me off

it does take special batteries - 2 are provided and can be charged in the camera or using the external charger provided and the battery life is excellent. Very happy with the purchase.