Aldi 32" LCD TV Offer 13/4/06 - €1,100

collieb

Any opinions on this special offer for next week - you can get details on http://ireland.aldi.com/ . The spec seems very good, HD ready, HDMI etc...and a 3 y manufacturers warranty. Tho the wall bracket is €52 euro extra.

How do you think this compares to the price of other similar products available at the moment, and has anyone bought a TV from Aldi before?

collieb said:
Any opinions on this special offer for next week - you can get details on http://ireland.aldi.com/ . The spec seems very good, HD ready, HDMI etc...and a 3 y manufacturers warranty. Tho the wall bracket is €52 euro extra.

How do you think this compares to the price of other similar products available at the moment, and has anyone bought a TV from Aldi before?

Doesn't look very stylish in the picture.

The contrast is ok at 1000:1 - but there are similarly priced 32" TVs on Komplett with 1200:1 contrast and models only a little bit more expensive at 3000:1 contrast which sounds like a big step up. Contrast is important on an LCD TV - contrast being the colour variation between the blackest blacks and whitest whites. A higher contrast will thus give you a sharper, more vivid picture.

I personally would stick to a known brand such as [broken link removed] or [broken link removed], or of course the "premium" brands of Sony or Philips. At least you know where to go if there is a problem, and if you buy from DID or another stockist of multiple brands, if you are unlucky enough to have a problem in the first while or a bad model, you might even be able to change it for a model from another manufacturer.

As regards the Aldi tv, Ive been buying electrical goods there since they opened and on the few occasions when things went wrong I got my money back without any of the hassle ie 'we'll have to send it back to the manufacturer' which you get in the electrical stores. The tv is probably made by one of the "premium" brands anyway.

i bought a wide screen tv from them on their very first opening day many many years ago £180 and its still going strong, no issues what so ever - 3 other people I know who bought them that day have had no issues either - my mother has had two philips wide screen tvs in the mean time!!!!!

I have to disagree about the Komplett.ie P&P Charge. I have ordered a 32" LG TV from Komplett, which is the one on the link MonsiurBond refers to in his post above which cost €1299 plus €10.50 P&P delivery through an Post.

The delivery charge for items up to 30kg is €10.50 and this TV is 30kg on the button. Some of the 32" TV's on Komplett are more than 30kg, some are less, anything less than 30kg can be delivered through An Post, anything over 30kg is subject to the €163 Courier Charge.

The one I have ordered is €1499 in Currys/Dixons, so thats a saving of almost €200.

Back