Aldemere, Clonsilla

I

interyu

I recently viewed a property in Aldemere, Clonsilla & would be very interested to hear any opinions about the area in general. Thanks a lot in advance.:rolleyes:

I have lived in Allendale Square which is just beside Aldemere for the past four years. Generally it's a nice quiet part of Clonsilla. Traffic sometimes backs up near the train station but things have got a lot easier since the Ongar Road opened. The 39 bus service takes a ridiculously long time to get into town but apparently this is about to change as Bus Eireann is planning a more direct route into town via the Navan Rd. Overall I think this is a really nice place to live.

I would agree with interyu. Have lived in this area for the last four and a bit years and Aldemere always struck me as a nice little estate. Quiet, but with lots of families - very little renters. Near the train station (even though the trains are packed!) and relatively near to Clonsilla and Ongar village if you want local shops.

Its a lovely area but traffic at the Clonsilla station is a problem when the train is coming/going. This seems to be always since the new docklands train stops aswell as the regular maynooth trains. Ive been living in the area for years and rarely/never see anything out of the ordinary going on. Close to Dunnes (Ongar), Blanch Shopping Centre and Tesco (Roselawn) so shopping won't be a problem. Plans to upgrade the train station for parking and all so hopefully this will help the traffic problem in the mornings/evenings

Hi.
Regarding traffic in Clonsilla - is it crazy? How long in the mornings to drive into town, if anyone knows?
Packed trains: are people crammed in Japanese style?

In the 15yrs I've been getting the train, not everyday, but a couple days a week, I could count on my hands the number of times I've got a seat either to or from town. Thats during peak time. off peak its ok. Last week I got a 7am train and another day the 9am. Both were packed. The Docklands train isn't as packed...yet, and you do get a seat on that fairly often. I find if I leave before 7 in the car I'll get into town in 30~40 mins. after 7 its about an hour, or longer on a bad day. You could cycle it though. I do that a bit too.

My friends have lived in Aldemere Drive for about a year now. From no. 34 and onward, they are all rented houses. At the moment, there are two houses for sale in that street. One of them i heard from my friend (it might be a rumour) are owned by a person who has involved in ganland event. One night, when i was going to visit my friends. I saw there were about over 20 gardas with heavy body protector tried to broke into that house (the house with beautiful interior deco). So, if you want to buy that one, might be no harm to go to the Garda Station to check with them what was happenend.

Back