Alcove doors?

Megan

I had a new walk-in wardrobe fitted recently. I got it centered on the wall which leaves an alcove each side approx 15ins each side. Any suggestions where I might get doors or shutters to close off these spaces leaving them still available for usage.

As you might not be able to get matching doors a shelving system may be a better idea. You can get strips that run the length of the wall and the shelves sit onto brackets. They didn't have a great selection of wood for the shelves when I looked at them some years ago and they could work out quite expensive also. Most of the larger stores like Woodies used to do them.

Its a pity the people measuring up/installing the wardrobes did not discuss your options on this. They might have been able to do matching shelves.

As you might not be able to get matching doors a shelving system may be a better idea. You can get strips that run the length of the wall and the shelves sit onto brackets. They didn't have a great selection of wood for the shelves when I looked at them some years ago and they could work out quite expensive also. Most of the larger stores like Woodies used to do them.

Its a pity the people measuring up/installing the wardrobes did not discuss your options on this. They might have been able to do matching shelves.
Thank you for your replies.
I have considered shelving but I would prefer if I could close the area off - less dusting!! The wardrobes came as a complete unit from France but was built in the room for me by the supply store. I did check out with them but they have nothing that size.

Back