Albert Court Sandycove

cousin_borat

I'm looking at an appartment in this development. Price advertised circa 450,000. The size is 50 sq. m. 2bed.
Link here:
[broken link removed]

Does anyone know these appartments. They're across the road from the Spar shop in Sandycove.

Would it be a good area to buy in? Seeing I would be hoping to move on in about 5 years time.

Sandycove is a beautiful area, no doubt about it. I'm not sure are the Apartments in Albert Court worth the money. The development appears to be lacking any Architectural merit, certainly on the exterior. It appears that the Agents in Dun Laoghaire seem to be rising the prices where the rest of the country is dropping. If this ares is wheree you would like to live, you have some work to do by making offers to try and purchase in your price range.

I live down the road from the apartments and *love* Sandycove. However I think the block of apartments look awful. prices do seem to be relatively high in the area (i.e. there is 2 bed not that much bigger up a bit further on the sandycove road going for 585k at the moment) DNG also have one for sale in the Albert Court development which has been up for just over a year now I think so you might be able to do a deal on that one.

Sandycove is perfect though (not that I'm biased!)

50sq meters is a dam small space to live! especially if you are living with a stranger when renting a room out.
the area is great though for sure

My mother's friend lived there many years ago - they were known as "flats" then! - and I visited many times as a child. It didn't seem terribly small to me though apart from the kitchen, which was tiny.

The layout seems to have changed since, bedroom 2 was the sitting room, and the kitchen/dining was the bathroom (long and narrow on the left as you went in) and (separate, obviously!) kitchen. What is the sitting room now was bedroom 2, and where the bathroom is now was part sitting room, part bedroom. Bedroom 1 seems to be a little bigger than the sitting room, maybe it could work a bit better if they were switched around? I seem to remember everyone had their own little "coalshed" outside, I don't know if that's still the case.

The area is fantastic, shops and restaurants all over the place, walk to Dalkey, Glasthule or Dun Laoghaire. Dart & buses a short walk away, sea a stone's throw away. Yet it's not built up too much, there is a feeling of openness and green space in the area. I'd love to live around there.

Yep, as already mentioned great area, but these apartments not modern living for €450k. Better buys around if the agents weren't trying to con the public.

Thanks for the replies lads. I'm prepared to negotiate hard on the price which I don't think is value atall at 450. Also I'm not set on living in Sandycove at all costs and have only started to look at appartments so that should help if it comes to negotiations.

I rented an apartment there, they are on the small side for a 2 bed. At night I could hear someone in the apartment below me snoring! The tennis courts are close, so there is noise from there also. The overall fit and finish isn't great. On the plus side, there is secure parking, and Sandycove is a nice area.

I would go with Dun Laoghaire, you'll probably get a bigger apartment and prob similar prices. Those apartments are donkey years old and no way is it worth that money, 50sqm is a dog box for a two bed. I wouldnt even negotiate on that development, not the way the market is at the moment. My friend rented there and I didnt like them at all. They are more like flats than apartments, dated, old and ugly.

Back