Alarm Installation Quote too High?

Lauren

Tell me what you think of this quote for an alarm for a three bedroomed apartment....

The apartment is already wired for alarm so theres no re-wiring to do.

Alarm consists of three sensor type alarms that detect movement inside and three door sensors on two patio doors and one entry door. Obviously an alarm 'box' outside so that the alarm can be heard/seen as well as the keypad required.

Guy is quoting me 700 including the labour. What do others think? It seems expensive to me...I had a figure of about 500 in my mind...Is that unrealistic?

lauren my perants got their home done just downstairs and its was done for 600E.i got a quote for my new home(bungalow seperate garage etc) for 750E.this will just give you an idea

2 years ago my alarm for my 3 bedroomed house cost €950 (one motion sensor in the hall, contacts on all windows and front & patio doors). The house was wired for alarm. This was one of the cheapest quotes at the time.

That is the standard, just cause its an apartment you still need the same amount of sensors etc as you do for a house. My partner does alarms i think he does them if they are prewired for 600-650 depending on what needs to be done. If you would like his telephone number let me know.

Sound like a normal enough quote. Bulk of any quote is for the control panel. Putting in extra sensors, contacts e.t.c doesn't add much. NOTE - make sure the control box has enough capacity if you want to add any further sensors e.t.c. in future or else you might be looking at expensive replacement.

Hey,
I just got an alarm fit in my 2 Bedroom Duplex (2 Floors) and got it done for €500 but only because it was a good friend and he done me a favour. Could have payed €700/800. Apt was also wired for alarm. I was shocked at price but apparently thats what they are.
Carina