Alarm going off - Neighbours away....

WHAT'SFREE?

Help!

Has anyone any suggestions to help solve my problem.

I live in an apartment above a duplex house.

My downstairs neighbour appears to have gone on holidays and her burglar alarm went off yesterday afternoon. The external bell has stopped ringing but the internal bell has been ringing merrily away ever since. My problem is that her internal bell may as well be located in MY apartment. I can not only hear it perfectly clearly but it's actually mind numbing / deafening. Got no sleep last night and there's just no way I can cope with the incessant ringing for the next week, or god-forbid, fortnight.

I've tried ringing Phonewatch, the Management Company and the Gardai - all to no avail.

Has anyone any idea what I can do - other than move out until she returns?

Thanks.

Did you call the management agent? Surely they have keyholder/contact information?

I contacted them but they only have a now out of use mobile number for her and no key holder details...

This happened in the apartment block of a friend.
All the neighbours were up in arms about it, and in the end they managed to cut off the electricity supply to that apartment.
I dont know if that would be possible in this case, or legal!

an alarm will have a backup battery but I suppose that'll cut out after a while

Rings the garda and tell them the alarm has gone off and you just say somebody climb out the window

see how long it takes for them to respond

They might (at least) reprimand your for wasting their time when they presumably see that the window is closed/intact?

Back