Airtran Airlines anyone ever flown them & Memphis question

IrishGunner

Parents are flying into Atlanta and then onto New Orleans, Memphis and then back again to Atlanta

Checked out the flights and the cheapest was AirTran

Never flown them but they seem to be the budget carrier in the states

What are they like to fly with?

Also they want to go to Nashville from Memphis for the day.Checked out the greyhound bus & its a four hr journey

Anyone travelled up from Memphis to Nashville on a day return or is it better if they stay overnight ?

Have flown Airtran a couple of times to South Carolina and never had a problem with them - although most times I was on a small propeller plane which might put some people off.

I have travelled between Memphis and Nashville....hired a car...definitely better to do an overnight. Is this a music trip ?

Just a whistle tour of the South 2 weeks flying in Atlanta

Was trying to work out an itinerary for them last night based around flight times and prices

Mother a big Elvis fan was to go a few years ago but Catriona put a stop to that

Wants to see New Orleans, not sure what its like now ?

Then go onto Memphis. Been there myself and said about 4-5 days should be enough
Want to go to Tupelo and maybe Nashville. Did not think Nashville was a 4 hour journey
There are no cheap flights from Nashville back to Atalanta, where they fly home from and AirTran
don't fly from there

Not sure what Atlanta is like as told them maybe just to spend a day there on the way over
and back?

Back