Airport Lounges

mohainle

Am flying from Heathrow 5 in October to NY JFK. We have a 4 hour stopover, which isn't that bad. Would love to be able to avail of BUsiness Class lounges on a Premium Econ. ticket. Has anybody any ways to achieve this, other than the obvious i.e. buy a Business Class ticket.

Regards,
MH

If you're flying BA there is zero chance as they are the least flexible airline on lounge access that I know of. BA have sole use of T5 so there are no other lounges there. There are pay lounges in some of the other terminals but 4 hours isn't that long so switching terminals may not be an option.

The recommendations on other sites is to amuse yourself in T5 since it's bright and new and shiny or alternatively head to the Sofitel which is off T5.

Unless you have Frequent flyer status on BA (or another OneWorld airline) then forget it I'm afraid.

T5 isn't a bad place anyway .. there are worse places to have to spend time .. By the time you get over from T1 to T5 and allow the time required for boarding your flight to NYC it will probably be little over 2 hrs .. plenty to keep you occupied there without worrying about the business class lounges - they're nice, but not that special

For such a short time it is not worth paying for lounge access but if you insist I've used Priority Pass and Executive lounges.com. Better still treat yourself to a pre flight snack at the champagne bar!

Premium Economy - don't purchase if it costs more than 40% of the Economy airfare. There are many seats in economy with extra legroom. Check what precise type of aircraft you are flying on then check out seatguru for a seating plan. This will help you identify which seats have extra legroom and wghich seats to avoid. Sometimes you can get seats in Economy that have greater legroom than in premium economy and also beware there are bad seats in premium econony.

Valuable advice from all! Am looking forward to seeing T5 after these comments. Many thanks for the help
MH

For such a short time it is not worth paying for lounge access but if you insist I've used Priority Pass and Executive lounges.com.

The problem is these are not available in T5. T5 is BA only and 4 hours is just not long enough to transfer between terminals for the sake of a lounge IMO.

Back