Airport Dep Tax Hong Kong HCM Bangkok

IrishGunner

Hi

Was wondering if there are any departure taxes for Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh and Bangkok airports ?

Rang the airlines and they said that if there is its not incorporated into our air price ticket

Don't have the guide book with me just wondering do the authorities sting you at these airports for departure tax?

Ta

I dont recall paying any at HK all the times I've been there. Can't say about others though.

I remember paying a departure tax in Bangkok airport, that was about 6 years ago but assume they still do it. Think it was about 10 euro in local currency and I think it had to be cash.

Bangkok has a cash departure tax payable before you go airside - you have to put 500Baht (I think) into a machine to get a stamp which you stick on your boarding card ... this tax is not included in any ticket price and must be paid as you pass through the airport.

From what I can recall if you've not done this you will be sent back to get the stamp before they let you through security.

No cash departure tax payable in HK (I assume there are some taxes but they're included in your ticket price so there's nothing payable as you depart)

Can't help you on HCM

there is a departure tax from HCM or at least there used to be and I think its around $10 pp.(payable in USD cash) hope this is of help