Air Recovery/Ventilation System

the HRV sytem is not a heating system, its a ventilation system with an inbuilt 'heat recovery' apparatus... it is not a renewable technology but it is highly energy efficient compared to the alternative.

a HVAC system is a system with in build heating features..

Regarding heating your house by electricity alone.... unless you have very good passive design and a tight building envelope then this can be an expensive and un-ecological method. Remember, with electricity it takes 2.4 kwhr of energy to create 1 kwhr of electricity... highly inefficient...

with wood pellet burners this factor is closer to 1.1...

I understand that a normal stand alone HRV system is not a heating system however as you say a HVAC will do both.

If I can go with the ICF system I want it has a U value of 0.12 this along with extra insulation in the roof and the South facing gable of my L shaped dormer is almost all glass which will be Double Glazed with Argon fill should mean my insualtion is very high. The reason I think electricity is the way to go for heating is because you can produce it yourself well to some degree at the moment but I reckon this will improve in time whereas oil and wood pellets price will increase a lot. If I could afford a solar and wind system which takes care of 60% to 70% of my electricty I think that is the best option and means I'm not as open to been hit in the pocket when oil prices reach $200 a barrel in the next 10 years.

What I'm looking to do might not seem sensible now but I think as technology progresses my system design idea might actually work. I'm still at the research stage and tbh I could just as easy end up with normal cavity block and insualtion and an oil burner but I want to try and look at my idea.

One down side of heating air through an a.h.u is that the air tends to be dry and a little uncomfortable