Air France booking online

C

coininban

hi, just wondering can explain help. Booked ticket online with airfrance for daughter to come home from france for Christmas. Used my credit card cos she has not got one and booked the flight. Later when I was reading up on how to check in using the e booking, I saw they require the traveller to present the credit card used to book when checking in. Is this the norm with e bookings?

IMHO the Air France booking site/system is not 100% reliable.

I booked a flight in work on it so time ago and got a confirmation of the booking. When the tickets did not arrive contacted them by phone. They confirmed that the booking had not been made and they made the booking over the phone instead but only after a long argument because they wanted to charge a lot more than originally quoted.

Your best bet is to give them a call to see if there is a way around the c.c. query:

Contact the Air France Call Centre on the following number in Ireland
Tel: (01) 605 0392

Opening hours:
Monday to Friday 8.00 am - 6.30 pm
Saturday 9.00am - 5.30pm

Let's make it difficult.

Who needs this type of hassle. Steer clear.

Re: Let's make it difficult.

It shouldn't be a problem - just by default the e-ticket would be associated with the credit card number on which it is booked ... You should be able to get them to change this no problem to associate it with some card that your daughter has - her own credit card or Air France Frequent Flyer card. I don't imagine this should be a major problem.

I have never had a problem booking AF tickets on line before - their interface is a little clunky compared to some of the simpler ones but it is the same system as many airlines worldwide use for online booking and it seems to work okay any time I've used it.

I booked Air France tickets via a ebsite www.tiss.com which offered a range of options for the journey - not just Air France.

I paid by credit card online and was NOT required to present the card subsequently.

air france

Yes if u booked by credit card the credit card number is used as a Form of Identity or FOID. It is a pain and there are only a few airlines left that still require them for e tickets. It may be possible to input her passport number in to the booking which can sometimes be used as a FOID otherwise u may just need to have a paper ticket issued. Contact Air France for clarification.

Back