Air Berlin - Flight to Vancouver

annfield

I have been using sky scanner to book flights and wondering is the shortest way in terms of time is to fly from dublin to dussledorf with aerlingus and then get air berlin flight to vancouver,

had anyone done this, is three hours stopover sufficeint time to allow for delays etc, would luggage have to be rechecked in at dussledoff, as they would be two distinct airlines?

3 hours should be sufficient .. especially if you're connecting off the early Aer Lingus flight from Dublin. (Delays are more likely as the day goes on) .. Dusseldorf is a relatively small and well organised airport.

You'd most certainly have to collect and recheck luggage

However unless you're saving a lot of money though it's probably not worth it IMHO ... Air Berlin only have at most 3 flights a week to Vancouver .. so if something does happen and you miss one of them then the disruption would be considerable ... I would have thought Air Canada or BA via Heathrow (or maybe KLM via Amsterdam) with at least daily flights on a through ticket would be a more reliable option

There is only one terminal there so 3 hours will be fine if all goes well.

The problem is if there is delay on the trip from dublin. Your stuffed because it a separate ticket.

How much is it going to cost this way ,and what dates are you looking at ?

Last friday in august, flight with air berlin including flight from dublin to dussledorf was €500 , and the flight time seems 5 or 6 hrs shorter

You just going one way or a return at some stage ?

I'm not sure how you're working your flight times out but going via Dusseldorf with a 3 hr connection will not be 5-6 hours faster than going via Heathrow / Amsterdam

you could also go dublin-toronto-vancouver with aircananda. the stopover time is pretty short in toronto, but the flight time might be a bit more. or you could look at flyglobespan

Is there a reason you are going through Berlin?

There are alot easier ways to get to vancouver.

Airtransat stoppped their direct flight to vancouver but they still fly to toronto and then you can connect with any number of different operators. Flight within canada can be expensive if you dont book in advance so another option is to go with airtransat again from either gatwick or heathrow and go to vancouver direct from there.

Just to add i have nothing to do with airtransat, just know from lots of searching previously that they work out the cheapest. The later you leave it the better deal you can get.