Aintree for the Grand National? If so,where did you stay etc...?

onway

Has anyone been to Aintree for the Grand National??If so,where did you stay etc...???Am I too late to be thinking about it now - it is on April 5th.......

Liverpool is a short train journey. A group of us went in 2000 - stayed in Manchester - not very far away either.

Yes. Would recommend it. Depending on flight prices etc you have the option of Manchester or Liverpool for your weekend. Manchester to Liverpool appears to be 50mins by train. Liverpool (a different station - short walk from first one) to Aintree seems to be 16mins by train and the station is at the racecourse.

Full train details and timetables on http://www.thetrainline.com

I went several times in the early 90's, but was living fairly close.
Get the most expensive tickets you can afford, because its pretty much a crush. Avoid the cheapest tickets as the only race you'll see is a bit of the national. Its probably bette nowadays with tv screens, etc though.

I would try to stay in liverpool, as all routes will be congested.
I suggest you get a taxi to the racecourse and get their early.

Their is a train station opposite the racecourse as well, which can be used.

I went the years ago and left it to the prior December before booking and at that stage a lot of accommodation was booked up and those which weren't had jacked their prices up for that weekend. I ended up staying in a hostel and it was fine.

Aintree has its own rail station so easy to reach from Liverpool city cente.

Also as another poster stated, in the Tattersalls section, it is a bit of a squash. The next time I go, I will get a stand seat (about £72) and go the whole hog and dress up in a suit for the occasion. Avoid the cheap £10 enclosure as the view is restricted.

Do arrive early and walk the course; it is some experience to stand beside Beechers Brook

manchester is not that far and the prices will not change because of the event in liverpool