AIB AIB suspends forced sale of property pending prevailing rate outcome

Pennyo

hi Brendan
I just got a call from AIB this morning to let me know that I am one of the cohort in the tracker redress. My mortgage is in serious arrears and I have completed a financial review with AIB. I had indicated that I might have to sell our home as I cannot clear these arrears. They phoned this morning to tell me not to sell until the review is complete. It's a positive step to get a call from them confirming that this redress is going to happen. Thank you for all your assistance and time.

hi Brendan
I just got a call from AIB this morning to let me know that I am one of the cohort in the tracker redress. My mortgage is in serious arrears and I have completed a financial review with AIB. I had indicated that I might have to sell our home as I cannot clear these arrears. They phoned this morning to tell me not to sell until the review is complete. It's a positive step to get a call from them confirming that this redress is going to happen. Thank you for all your assistance and time.

Fingers crossed this works out for you. :)

hi Brendan
Very positive! I really hope all works out quickly and you get to keep your home

Penny

Thanks for that update.

Can I just clarify

They phoned this morning to tell me not to sell until the review is complete.

It's a positive step to get a call from them confirming that this redress is going to happen.

Did they actually say that this redress is going to happen? Or are you just assuming that.

A lot of possession cases were put on hold by all the banks pending the Central Bank tracker review. In many of these cases, the people were impacted and the cases dropped. But in some cases, the review was completed and the person was deemed not impacted and the possession proceedings resumed.

Brendan

she said that not to continue with sale until they have been in further contact with me as the outcome of the review could be of material value to me she said she couldn't say what that is but to hold off for now. She also said that there is a letter in the post with a helpline if I need any further information.

she said that not to continue with sale until they have been in further contact with me as the outcome of the review could be of material value to me she said she couldn't say what that is but to hold off for now. She also said that there is a letter in the post with a helpline if I need any further information.

interesting, It might be possible in your case to get some kind of timeline from them for the potential redress

Telling someone not to sell their house is a fairly bold statement if the person is in arrears. I would see it as being different to a bank pausing a re-possession case until it had completed a review.

as the outcome of the review could be of material value to me

I would agree with that. But note the word "could". I would hope that it will be of material value to you but I would not say that this means that redress is definitely going to happen.

Brendan

Hi Pennyo.
Just wondering if you recieved a letter from Aib on this matter, if so, did I mention anything different from your telephone conversation?

Hi Niall sorry I didn't see the post. Yes I got a letter confirming what was said in the phonecall which was basically to advise me that there is a review underway by AIB and not to sell the house for the moment. Also a number to ring if I have any queries.

Back