AIB Aib staff - got €1,615 but not included in 5,907 cohort

Smurf01

Thanks so much Brendan for all your hard work. I have been following this for a few years now and it's fantastic to finally have a positive resolution!!

I am a little confused on my own case. I received the 1615 in 2018 so I'm assuming I'm entitled to something back in July. The issue I have is that as an ex aib staff member my mortgage was in two parts, a staff preferential rate and a fixed rate portion which expired in 2011. The letter we received in 2018 only refers to the fixed rate mortgage but not the staff one. However I have checked my staff rate mortgage letter and it refers to the loan as being a fixed rate mortgage and also has clause 3.2!!! Does anyone know if these staff mortgages are included? The wording is ambiguous as on the first page it is a variable mortgage, then a few pages in it's a fixed mortgage and then it also has clause 3.2. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in a similar position. I received the 1615 payment in 2018 and when I rang this morn I was told I am not included in this July/August reimbursement.

I'm in a similar position. I received the 1615 payment in 2018 and when I rang this morn I was told I am not included in this July/August reimbursement.
Did you have the 3.2 clause? I don't understand why you wouldn't be if you had that clause in your letter of offer. I can kind of see why for the staff rate portion but the other portion was at the commercial rate. Hmmm a bit worried now!

Back